Image via Mediaite.com
Ostara is the festival of birth and new beginnings. It introduces the growing season and fresh life. In the past this would mean starting the hard labour of rearing animals, preparing the earth and sowing the crops. As the sunlight increases so does the working hours and the things that need to be completed to ensure survival during the dark months later in the wheel.
At Imbolc we set our intentions out for the year and at Ostara we begin to grow them into reality. It's time to roll up your sleeves and get to work witches! Because of this, when selecting a strain for Ostara I first tested out cannabis strains that would compliment this hard working Ostara attitude. When I took a step back I realized that what I was really looking for was a rewarding strain. Something to look forward to after a hard days work. Rather than a super energizing strain that would push me forward like my 2019 recommendation, Super Silver Haze, I looked for something that would restore my balance after giving the day my all. Hence why the witches of Green Moon's Ostara strain is officially (drum roll please)... Girl Scout Cookies!
This strain is one of my favourite treats! Its pure bliss and magick. Comprised of OG Kush and Durban Poison, it delivers a blend of euphoric full-body high and a heady, cerebral and thought-provoking mood. Many cannabis connoisseurs love this strain for its grounded high. It doesn't energize nor sedate. It leaves you feeling balanced and uplifted. Girl Scout Cookies is a wonderful representative of balance with qualities of both sativa and indica strains. Don't get me wrong, some users may experience some surges of energy after consuming Girl Scout Cookies, but it's main perk is the ability to allow you to unwind and chill. GSC is not the best strain for a wake and bake as it can deliver some serious couch-lock, but it is perfect strain for a rewarding joint after hustlin' and getting your shit done. Seriously. Everyday I'm hustlin', but after all that hustlin' and bustlin' I just wanna relax and lie down for a while.
So happy smoking witches! Just remember, a little goes a long way when it comes to GSC as it can be a potent strain so dose responsibly! May the seeds of intention we plant sprout from the earth and grow into beautiful flowers!
Similar Strains: Skywalker, White Widow, Sour Kush, Sour Diesel
- B-CARYOPHYLLENE: A terpene that is present in many herbs and spices, including black pepper, basil, and oregano. The amazing molecular structure of caryophyllene allows it to easily bind to CB2 receptors primarily located within our peripheral endocannabinoid system. Because of this, it comes with a host of potential medical benefits. Also found in cinnamon leaves, Thai basils, cloves, and black pepper.
- MYRCENE: The most abundant terpene in cannabis, which is where it’s mostly found in nature. Anti-inflammatory, analgesic (pain relief), antibiotic, sedative, antimutagenic. Also found in mango, thyme, citrus, lemongrass, and hops.
- HUMULENE: The same terpene that gives hoppy beers their unique taste and smell, humulene is both earthy and spicy. Besides hops, this terpene can be found in a large variety of plants and has been used in holistic medicinal practices. Also found in basil, common sage, and cloves.
- LINALOOL: A characteristic lavender scent with a hint of spiciness. Linalool is used in traditional medicine practices for its sedative and anti-epileptic properties. Also found in lavender, mint and cinnamon
- LIMONENE: Found in the peels of citrus fruit, this very aromatic terpene is abundantly produced in the trichomes of many cannabis strains. Also found in lemons, limes, oranges and other citrus fruits.
Scent/Flavour: Peppery, Citrus, Hoppy